Endpoints must use the Endpoint Protection keycode before they can report into the Management Portal. If there are endpoints in your network that already have SecureAnywhere installed with a different type of keycode, for example, a Consumer version of SecureAnywhere, change the keycode by activating a new keycode directly from the endpoint, as described in this procedure.
For information on how to issue a change keycode command, see Issuing Commands to Endpoints.
To change a keycode on an endpoint:
- From the endpoint, open SecureAnywhere by double-clicking the Webroot icon in the system tray.
- Click My Account gear icon.
- In the Activate a new keycode field, enter your keycode.
- Click the Activate button.
When you enter a new keycode, SecureAnywhere launches a scan. If the system does not launch a scan automatically, go to the PC Security tab, then click Scan My Computer. When the scan completes, SecureAnywhere reports into the Management Portal.
To change a keycode on a Mac endpoint:
- From the endpoint, click the Webroot icon in the menu bar, then from the drop-down menu, select Open Webroot SecureAnywhere.
- From the main window, select My Account.
- In the My Account window, click the Activate a New Keycode button.
- In the dialog, enter your Endpoint Protection keycode and click the Activate button.
Once the new keycode has been activated, return to the Management Portal and look for the new endpoint in the Default group.
If needed, reassign the endpoint to another group. For more information, see Moving Endpoints Between Groups.