This article details the recommended procedures for restoring data from a Backup Set depending upon the status of the destination computer.
Situation 1: Your computer is still intact and connected to the Internet
- Log into the Intronis web portal at https://manage.intronis.com
- Under the Accounts/Computers tab, click on the Backup Account containing the computer.
- Under the Computers tab, click on the Computer to be restored.
- Click on the Restore tab.
- Click Start a Restore.
- Select the File(s) or Folder(s) requiring restoration
- If you need a specific revision, make sure you select the appropriate date by expanding that file in the wizard with the + sign, or using the Daily Snapshots section.
- Click Next
- Select whether to have the file restored to the location it was backed up from (Original Path), or to put it in a different folder (Alternate Path).
- Click the Restore button to initiate the restore process.
Situation 2: Your computer is no longer functional and you need to restore the data to a new machine
- Download the desktop software on the new machine, and run the installer as you would with a new installation.
- At the setup screen, enter in the same username, password, and computer ID that were used on the old machine.
- Test the connection and enter the encryption key if necessary.
- Select the option to “Move Account to this Computer” and allow it to download the catalog file from our servers.
- Now that your software is setup on the appropriate computer, you can follow the steps from Situation 1 to complete your restore.
- Once Restores are complete, make sure to update the backup sets to take into account any changes to the folder structure on the new machine.
Situation 3: The data needs to be restored to a separate machine that will not be running any backups
- Follow steps 1 through 3 from Situation 2.
- However on Step 4, do not select “Move Account to this Computer.” Instead, choose the option titled “Recovery Mode Installation.”
- Proceed to restore data through the Restore wizard in the portal, making sure to choose the correct installation when prompted.