Before a user can begin receiving Email, they will need to be created within the Administrative Control Panel and enabled with Email service. There are three Email Account types a user can be configured with POP3, Web and Full Exchange service. The following Article contains instructions on how to configure these Email Account types.
1. Log into the Administrative Control Panel at https://my.securembox.com.
2. Once you have access to the Control Panel, and if the user has not been created already, under My Users select Create New User.
3. Each required field is labeled with an asterisks symbol(*). These fields are Password, Re-Type Password, Display Name and Login Alias. This section also contains an additional option, allowing the newly created user Admin privileges. Standard users will have no access to the control panel beyond there own personal information where as Administrators will have full access to all features.
4. Now select the proper Login Domain. If the account has been configured with multiple domains, simply select the drop down arrow to choice the user's primary domain.
5. Under the Services Access Station, move the Microsoft Exchange slider to the On position. New options will appear.
6. You can now select the Mailbox type for any created user. Each Mailbox Type can easily be picked by selecting the drop down menu. The choices are:
- POP3 Access. This is the most basic of mailbox types that will allow the user to only pull there emails to any configured email program. IMAP allows for the synchronization of folders and sub folders while keeping email data on the server and not just to a local configured email program.
- Web Access. This mailbox type contains standard POP and IMAP account configuration options as well as allowing the user to access their mailbox via a web browser.
- Full Access. This is the Microsoft Exchange Full Access mailbox. The user will have access to their data in real time via a full exchange connection or via the web. With Outlook anywhere they can configure any Email program as long a there is internet access as well as configure any ActiveSync using mobile device.
7. Once you have selected the Mailbox Type, select Submit Changes to complete the user creation.