A SharePoint list can be
created to display useful information such as calendars, contacts or
even project tasks. The following article illustrates on how to create a basic calendar listing.
How to Create a Calendar List
1. To create a new custom list you will first need to log into your site collection. Once logged into your team site, click on Site Contents.
2. Under Site Content, choose Add an App and select Calendar.
3. You can now name your new calendar. Once done, choose Create to start your new list.
Note: If you wish to add a description to the list, select Advance Options.
4. You will now see your new Calendar List on the left side of your team site.
5. You can now create new events, share those events and synchronize the calendar to your Outlook client.