The Mail History panel in SpamTitan can provide information on any email sent or received by a user, including if a particular email was blocked or quarantined as spam by the filter. Users that are assigned only the default User Role will only be able to view the history for their own mailbox. Users with the Domain Administrator role will be able to view the history for all users in the domain.
The Mail History panel can be accessed using the following steps:
- Log into the SpamTitan management portal at https://spamtitan1.cloudplusservice.com/
- Click the Reporting tab.
- Click History
When the Mail History panel is first accessed, it will only show results from the local filter cluster node. We use multiple nodes for redundancy and load balancing, so we recommend first disabling this setting:
- Click on the Display Settings tab.
- Uncheck the option labeled Only show messages for local cluster node
To search for a specific email, range of emails, or to apply any other filters to the results, click on the Mail Filters tab.
All of the filter fields support wildcards. Here are some example search scenarios:
- To search for all email addressed to email@example.com, enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the Recipient email address field and click the Apply button.
- To search for any email sent to domain.com and marked as Spam, enter *@domain.com in the Recipient email address field, click the Choose types option next to Message Type, check the box for Spam, and click the Apply button.
- To search for any email sent from gmail.com with the subject beginning with "URGENT", enter *@gmail.com in the Sender email address field, enter URGENT* in the Subject field, and click the Apply button.
- To search for any email that was flagged as containing a virus, click the Choose types option next to Message type, check the box for Virus, and click the Apply button.
The Date Range of the search can be adjusted by clicking on the Date range box. The Custom date range option will allow you to select a start and end date for your search range.
Please note that Mail History logs are kept for up to 30 days.