The tag function allows admins to group sites together based on a shared attribute, called a tag. Tags are assigned to each site.
To tag a site:
- Log in to the management console.
The management console displays with the Sites tab active.
- Select the site where you want to add tags, and click the Manage button.
The Manage Sites panel displays with the Summary tab active.
- Click the Detailstab.
The Details tab displays.
- In the Tags field, enter as many tags as needed.
You can create tags based on any or all of the following:
- The type of company, such as medical, construction, or transportation.
- The time zone, geographic location, country, or language.
- The account manager's name, the IT person's name, or the name of your main contact.
Note: You can tag a site as many ways as needed, however, you can only filter based on a single tag.
As needed, you can click the arrow to display the Tags drop-down menu, which displays tags that you have previously used.
- After you add each tag, click the Add button.
The added tags display below the Tags field.
- To remove a tag, click the X to the left of each tag.
- When you're done, click the Save Changes button.
After you have tagged a site, you can use this information to filter on sites. For more information, see Filtering Sites.