The following article provides the process for purchasing a new Microsoft 365 Azure Plan Subscription, or for importing an existing Azure Plan Subscription into the Commerce Platform.
Microsoft Azure Subscriptions are pay-as-you-go services that are billed according to the services that are consumed.
Microsoft provides a Pricing Calculator to help estimate your expected costs:
Budgets can also be set up within the Microsoft Azure portal to help control costs from Azure services.
The Microsoft 365 Subscriptions Page
- Log in to the Commerce Platform using any Internet browser at https://platform.cloudplusservice.com.
- Navigate to the desired account, and then click on the My Services page in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Microsoft vendor band.
- Click on the Azure tab.
Purchasing a New Azure Plan Subscription
- Under the Azure tab of the Microsoft Services page, click on the Setup a New Azure Account button.
- Select the support package for the Azure subscription, and then click the Next button.
- Confirm the support option, and then click the Next button.
- Review the Azure service disclaimer. When you are ready to proceed, click the Confirm button.
- The Azure service request will now be sent to Microsoft for provisioning. This process typically takes a few minutes to complete.
Please note that a newly created Azure Subscription will not have any user permissions granted initially. The following Microsoft support article provides instructions on elevating access for an Azure subscription to a tenant Global Administrator. This elevated access can then be used to grant users the permissions they need to utilize the new Azure subscription.
Note that for security purposes, Microsoft recommends elevated access only be enabled in order to grant the necessary roles to specific Subscriptions or groups in Azure, and that the elevated access be removed once those roles have been assigned.
Importing an Existing Azure Plan Subscription
- Under the Azure tab of the Microsoft Services page, click on the Transition an Existing Azure Account button.
- Review the Transition Azure window. If the tenant containing the Azure Plan Subscription has not already establish a Partner Relationship with your CSP, click on the Send Azure Transition Email button to send a Partnership Relationship request to the primary email in the account. This email will contain a link which should be opened and approved by a Global Administrator of the customer tenant containing the Azure subscription. Once the Partnership Relationship email has been received (or if a relationship already exists), click the Next button.
- On the next window, click the Check for Transitioning Status button. The platform will attempt to contact the tenant to verify that the Partner Relationship has been established and that the existing Azure subscription can be found.
- Once the existing Azure subscription is verified, the platform will display a "Passed" status. Click the Next button to proceed.
- Verify the Transition summary, and then click the Confirm button to finish.