Microsoft's Granular Delegated Access Privileges (GDAP) provides customers with the ability to control that access the provide to their partners. Some enhanced features of the platform, as well as support for customer operations, will necessitate GDAP access to the tenant. This article provides the steps for requesting that access through the platform.
The Microsoft 365 Service Page
- Log in to the Commerce Platform using any Internet browser at https://platform.cloudplusservice.com.
- Navigate to the desired account, and then click on the My Services page in the left-hand menu.
- Click on the Microsoft vendor band.
- Click on the General tab.
Requesting GDAP Access
- In the Microsoft service General page, click on the Request GDAP Permissions button.
- Review the permission request scope. The roles listed are those recommended by Microsoft for tenant support operations. Click the Confirm button to proceed.
- You will be redirected back to the Microsoft service General page. After a brief period, the GDAP invitation link will be generated. This link will need to be sent to a Global Administrator for the customer tenant to approve.
- When the Global Administrator accesses the invitation link and logs into their tenant, they will be presented with the following approval form. They will need to check the box verifying the agreement, and then click the Approve all button.
- The customer will then click the Yes button on the verification window.
- The GDAP access will now be granted for the platform. Please note that it may take a few minutes for the access to fully propagate.
Verifying the GDAP agreement
- In the Microsoft service General page, the Your GDAP Agreement with your CSP section will show the status of any GDAP relationship requests. If the relationship has been requested and the invitation has been generated, it will show a status of "Approval Pending".
- Once the customer has submitted the access approval, click the Your agreement status refresh button to update the status section. If the access has been approved and propagated, the status will change to "Active".