This article provides a brief overview of the Admin Roles that can be assigned to an Office 365 User.
The Exchange Administrator manages mailboxes, spam filter policies, and other Exchange objects such as Distribution Lists and Contacts. Some of the key functions of an Exchange Administrator include:
- Creating Distribution Groups and assigning Users to Groups
- Creating Email Forwarding rules
- Recovering deleted items in a user's mailbox
- Setting deleted item retention policies
- Adding permissions (such as Full Access, Send As, or Send on Behalf) for mailboxes
- Created Shared and Resource mailboxes and assigning permissions to those mailboxes
- Creating Spam Filter rules, including whitelist and blacklist entries.
The Service Administrator is able to open support requests through the Office 365 portal and monitor those support requests.
User Management Administrator
The User Management Administrator is able to reset passwords for users from within the Office 365 portal. Most other user actions are restricted to the SaaSHost.net Control Panel or by request with our Support Team.
Skype for Business Administrator
The Skype for Business Administrator manages Skype-specific settings and is able to monitor usage of the Skype service.
The SharePoint Administrator manages the SharePoint libraries and permissions. Some of the key functions of a SharePoint Administrator include:
- Creating Site Collections
- Managing Site Collection storage limits and monitoring usage
- Assigning User permissions for Site Collections and individual lists and libraries
- Managing the App Catalog and optional App purchases